Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Author Interview with Shannan Albright

I'd like to welcome author, Shannan Albright to Write Outside the Box. Welcome Shannan!

Vivian- Tell us about your most current release.


Shannan- Dark Passion Rising: A Dark Breed Novel is the first book in the series. The book takes place in “Old Las Vegas” near the famed Fremont Experience. Tambra Ellis is a cop bitten by a Lycan, She is saved by Marcus Valerian a Vampire and Leader of a group of supernatural Enforcers. For this book I asked myself ok, what if all the supernatural monsters we had stories about were true and humans found out? The outcome of this book set’s up all the other that follow in the series, though they are romances they deal with the difficulties of integrating into our society in this day and age.

Buy

Vivian- When did you start writing and what was your road to publication like? Do you have any advice for new writers starting out?




Shannan- I started writing twenty years ago and the road was exceptionally rough. When I started out there was no RWA Organization, no one to help a new writer so it was hit and miss. In my case it was a whole lot of misses. After five years I lost hope and stopped submitting. I never stopped writing though and about five years ago started checking out the market again. I got into RWA, found a local chapter, took tons of workshops and tried my hand at submission again. This time I was accepted and the rest you know.

Vivian- What other things interest you besides writing?


Shannan- I have been involved with Renaissance Fairs for many years as an improv actor. I also give workshops from speaking foresoothly, court etiquette, acting and I also design and teach costuming. I also love to oil paint and do illustration work. I also love to lose myself in a good book, and have tea with good friends.


Vivian- What are you currently reading and what books can be found in your to-be-read pile?


Shannan- Everything from Evernight Publishing of course, the authors there are wonderfully versatile. I just finished Sharon Ashwood’s latest in the Dark Forgotten series and am starting Kresley Cole’s latest Dreams of a Dark Warrior. I love anything from Sherrilyn Kenyon and JR Ward so anything they are coming out with is also on that pile to be read.

Vivian- What can we expect to see from you in the future?

Shannan- I have one completed book in revision stage for a new series that I started several years ago, I am working on books two and three in my Dark Breeds series along with a dark Urban Fantasy dealing with the end of days theme. Plus some novellas that are also in outline stage. So as you can see I like keeping myself busy.


My current e-book, Dark Passion Rising: A Dark Breed Novel is due for release in March by Evernight Publishing. It will be available for download through: Evernight Publishing and Amazon Kindle .

Thanks Vivian for having me on your blog it’s been a lot of fun.

Vivian- And thank you Shannan once again for allowing me to interview you. I wish you the best of luck with your writing career.

Shannan can be reached at the following links on the web:




No comments:

Post a Comment