Thursday, August 11, 2011

Author Interview with Nya Rayne

X- What was your journey into publication like, and where do you get your inspiration?

N- Before I got the “contract offer” I went through over fifty rejection letters from publishers and agents. This is over a six month period, so they were coming fast and hitting hard. But truthfully, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. I learned a lot during that time.

I get my inspiration to write and keep writing from life—its cliché—but it’s true. It comes to me while I’m standing in line at the grocery store, library, or sitting at home. I’m never without things that inspire me.

X- What’s your most current release and what can we expect to see from you in the near future?



N- My current novel is a futuristic romance called He Belongs to Me. It’s about a world dominated by women where men are not only an endangered species, but a priceless commodity. He Belongs to Me is the first of a three book series, the second of which should be complete by the end of the year and out in the spring of 2012. I’m also working on a new paranormal romance series loosely based on ancient Egypt, but that’s an interview for another time.

X- What words of wisdom do you have for writers just starting their journey?

N- First, getting published will not happen overnight, so if that’s what you’re expecting you’re in for a very rude awakening. Second, regardless of how many times you get rejected, stay the course. You’re just that much closer to getting published. And third, write, write, and write some more, don’t ever go a day without writing about something.

X- Self-publishing has come up so often lately in the media both online and off, what’s your views?

N- In all honesty, I don’t really have a view when it comes to self-publishing. The fact is some people do it and succeed, while others do it and sell maybe 10 books. I can’t say it’s something I’d never do, because I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I know it’s something that at this point in my writing career I don’t need to do.

X- If I were to look at the current books you’re reading, which titles would I find?

N- You would probably find several Lora Leigh books, a few Angela Knight novels and most definitely some of Lee Child’s and John Sanford novels.

X- What’s the one thing in the world that you cannot live without?

N- Definitely my iPod. I carry it everywhere with me, even when I know I’m not going to be able to listen to it.

X- If you could have one wish, what would it be and why?

N- If I could have one wish I would wish for unlimited wishes. Why, well, because then I could have everything I’ve ever wanted and correct the tens of thousands of mistakes I’d probably make along the way.

X- Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

N- At the top of the NY Times Bestsellers list several times over!! Where else?

X- Thank you for allowing me to do this interview with you.

N- Thanks for your time and please pick up a copy of He Belongs to Me, which is available now from Aspen Mountain Press, Amazon, Fictionwise, and All Romance. Also, sign up for my blog for a chance to when a $50 AMEX gift card and an autographed copy of He Belongs to Me. Oh, and Facebook me at www.facebook.com/nyarayne. Thanks again for your time, it has been a true pleasure!!





No comments:

Post a Comment