Sunday, May 29, 2011

Author Interview with JC Holly

First off, JC, thanks for allowing me to interview you.

V- Can you tell us about your journey to publication and where you draw your inspiration from?

JC – My journey was a short one. I wanted to try my hand at erotic romance (I write other genres under another name), and sat down in front of my computer with that goal in mind. After a few panic attacks and some feverish editing, I sent the result to Total E-bound, and it was accepted! I couldn’t believe it!

I draw inspiration from many places. Books, television, even from the people I meet while out shopping. It all smooshes together in my head, and somehow ideas come out. :o)

V- What’s the best advice you can offer a newbie writing hoping to publish?

JC – Practise, learn to take criticism, and don’t give up. It can be a hard road, but it’s well worth travelling.

V- Tell us about your newest release.


Buy

JC – One Wild Weekend (out May 30th), is an erotic short, published with Total E-bound. It’s about a couple who decide to try and liven up their relationship with a weekend of sex. It turns out they both have quite the kinky streak...

V- What’s your favourite dessert?

JC – I have to pick ONE?! :o)
(Probably chocolate fudge cake, but I may change my mind in an hour.)

V- If you could return to one moment in time, which would it be?

JC – I’d rather like to have the moment I got my first acceptance on ‘speed dial’, so I could visit it whenever I was feeling a bit down.

V- If you had one wish, what would it be?

JC – To be successful enough in writing to make it a full-time career.

V- What’s the one thing that most people don’t know about you?

JC – I’m a closet videogamer, though I’m rubbish at most of them.

V- In ten years where do you hope to be in life?

JC – In the same place as I am now, but with a heck of a lot of books under my belt. :o)

V- What can we expect to see from you in the near future?

JC – I have a M/M short that I’m polishing, as well as a longer M/F piece. I’m also looking into expanding into some of the ‘kinkier’ subgenres of erotic romance. Fun!

You can find me on Facebook. I'm in the process of setting up a blog.

V- Sounds good. I wish you the best of luck with your writing career, and again, thanks for allowing this interview.

2 comments: