Sunday, June 24, 2012

Interview with K. Williams



XD- I'm always interested in the path a writer takes to becoming an author. Tell us about yours.

K- I've been writing for a long time, ever since I was a child. I was never very confident in my work and though being an author was a dream of mine, I never tried for it. My husband was the one that demanded I at least try to get something published. So, I did, and I'd say so far it's going pretty well.

XD- What inspired you to write Hero?

K- Well, I was listening to one of my favorite bands, Rise Against. The song Hero of War came on. It's a very emotional, raw song that deals with the painful realities of war. It put a scene in my head and I wrote the whole thing around that one scene.

XD- What advice would you give to budding authors?

K- I honestly have no idea. I'm still a budding author. I guess, I would say, just do what you love to do and don't get caught up in things that don't really matter.

XD- What's the one thing you can't live without?

K- I'd have to say a laptop with Internet access. Because with it, I can still write and stay in contact with friends and family, which are very high on my list of priorities.

XD- Cats or dogs?


K- Oh, that's tough because I have both. I'm gonna have to say cats though. Because my dog thinks he's a cat.

XD- What's next on your writing agenda and where do you envision yourself in a year?

K- Next on the agenda is a M/M werewolf story I just started working on. In a year, well hopefully I'll be closer to done with my degree in social work. I'd like to have a few more books out. Hopefully the husband and I (if he's not deployed) will be in a spot where we can start talking about starting a family.

XD- Sounds great and I wish you luck with all your endeavours. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to be interviewed. It was a pleasure.

K. Williams can be reached online at: http://khwkitten2010.blogspot.ca/ and her newest release, Hero is also available on Amazon, Bookstrand, and All Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment