Monday, June 21, 2010

Lost Interest

For the past couple of weeks, I've lost interest in working on my WIP's. Perhaps it's burnout. For a bit, I found, I was pushing myself much too hard and stressing on making my writing perfect with the utimate goal to be published.
Of course, my goal is to be published and if possible at least on a mid-list level. I don't care if I become huge like S. King, but it would be great to write for a living enjoying a modestly comforable lifestyle.

Goals for now:
Finish current WIP's and to get them out there.
Stop stressing so much over writing.
Keep in mind that the main reason I started writing was because I enjoyed it.

6 comments:

  1. I find that if I push myself too hard, I achieve nothing. :)

    Light pushing, and encouragement from a certain sweetie works best for me. ;-)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember - it's ok to write crap! you can't edit what's not there!! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing, to me, is a rough-as-heck mental battle, LOL. I do love it, though. I'm trying to keep sinking into my story and forgetting everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still not over this. Everything I write seems stupid, bland or overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep at it, love. Give yourself permission to write utter garbage if you need to. Some of my first draft stuff is utter arse. ;)

    Love ya,

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do not give up. You will reach that level one day.

    ReplyDelete