Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What do you like in a romance?


Sitting at my computer today, I was thinking about plot-lines for future stories. I write pretty much everything(MM,MMM,MFM,MMF,MF). Like everyone, I have my likes and dislikes though which I have outlined below:

Dislikes
-Weak females/men. I really dislike female/male characters who only have one purpose in life which is to please their man.
-Alpha Assholes: To me there is a fine line between alpha and asshole. So many books cross that line into an area that makes me wonder why these women/men fall for these guys who treat them like crap. What is that all about?
-Great dialogue. If it's funny and witty, I love it. Flat and unrealistic is a turn off for me. 
-An author writing about something they know nothing about. It really does show at times.
Likes:
-Strong independent woman/men.
-Good sex scenes. I admire any author that can write a sex scene that takes me into the story.
-Great dialogue. If it's funny and witty, I love it. Flat and unrealistic is a turn off for me. 
-Original plots. 

So, what are your likes and dislikes? What's hot for you as a reader? What's the current trends in romance? I admit to being bad for now keeping up with the what's what. I'm interested in knowing what you think. 



XD





No comments:

Post a Comment