Friday, August 20, 2010
33 and Life
Today I turned thirty-three. Looking back on my life so far, I can say I've lead an extremely interesting one so far, that has been filled with many bumps along the way.
Many times I wondered how I would even make it, especially the last two years (pre Adam AKA Muffin head) where I went through a rough two years, where everything that could go wrong, did. Yet, I'm still here.
All this thinking made me wonder, what I have learned in life so far? And what's most important to me?
Things I've Learnt:
- Never spit against the wind.
- Don't sweat the small stuff.
- Don't hold grudges(even when you dislike the person, I know this is hard, but trust me, it really isn't worth it.
- Take each day one step at a time and remember, tomorrow is a new day and you can always start fresh.
- Material things mean shit, if you don't have your health and well being.
- Live for today, because tomorrow might not come.
- Live life without regret.
- Stay positive, it could be worse, you could be dead.
- Don't dwell in the past(this has been a hard one for me), learn to let go. To forgive is divine.
- Stay motivated and work hard, you will achieve your goals. It really is possible.
- Hold your loved ones dear, what would life be without them?
- Be happy.
Things That Are Important to Me
- Love, My sweetie has shown me that true love does exist, and the myth about soul mates is very much real.
- My cat. Yes, some may think it's silly but he is a part of my family and he has helped me through some rough times.
- My family, even though we dislike each other at times.
- My writing. It's an outlet for me and I express myself through my words. I'm blessed to be able to do so.
- The future. I'm looking forward to discovering what's waiting around the corner.
All in all the struggles have been worth it. I'm at a point in my life where I am experiencing happiness for the first time. It's great, I deserve it, we all deserve it.
Happy Birthday to me! :)
Posted by XD at 10:22 PM